Sunday, November 3, 2013

C4T #3

C4T Summary #1
Le Tour de Math Classroom Fall 2013
Clever Classroom

Ms. DuPriest is a Middle School Math teacher who is trying to teach Math to her students in a way different than she was taught it. In her blog, Ooh Guess What, one post in particular, she explains the set up of her classroom. She tells us that all her students have access to a Netbook, which they use for various tasks. They use their Netbooks to watch video lessons, create spreadsheets, collaborate on Google Docs, write computer programs, and make presentations. I thought this post was very interesting and helpful for the future. I am constantly wondering how I am going to incorporate PBL and technology into a Math classroom, and I think this is an excellent example. I also liked the daily objectives acronym she had posted, YSBAT, "You Should Be Able To."

C4T Comment #1
Hello, my name is Carla Young. I am a student in EDM310 (http://edm310.blogspot.com/) the University of South Alabama. I am going to be writing a summary of what I read on your blog, with all credit given to you of course, and posting it to my blog at http://youngcarlaedm310.blogspot.com/. I would just like to say I found the set up of your classroom very interesting. I think it is great that your students all have access to a netbook. I love the idea of incorporating technology into the classroom and plan to do it in my own classroom one day. The acronym you have for your daily objectives is a fun word and is one I have never heard before! I look forward to checking back again and reading about what else is going on with you and your students. Take care!

C4T Summary #2
Technology In The Classroom

In this post, Ms. DuPriest, wrote about the evolving role of technology in the classroom. Particularly with that of the Math classroom. She explains that although technology is becoming a major part in the Math classroom, students still need to know how to solve the problems with a pencil and paper. She explains that she has made the decision to teach programming in her classroom that follow alongside the Common Core Standards. The platform she decided to use, was the Khan Academy's Javascript. Ms. DuPriest explains that she split the lesson into units, and the first unit had been completed. Although it was difficult, the class were getting the hang of it.

C4T Comment #2
Hello Ms. DuPriest! It is me again, Carla Young from The University of South Alabama. I found it very interesting that you decided to teach programming in your classroom. I know technology is becoming a bigger part of the classroom everyday, and I think it is very interesting and fun how you are incorporating it into your lessons. Hope to check back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment