Sunday, November 3, 2013

C4K October

C4K Summary #1

pickle
My first C4K for October was for a student named Jaden. Jaden is a student in Ms. Eppele's class, who teaches fourth and fifth grade in British Columbia, Canada. The name of Jaden's blog is "Jaden Pickle." There were quite a few post on the blog and I read all of them. I left my comment on the most recent post which was untitled, but was a post where the students were responding to a question asked by their teacher about a book they were reading. Jaden's post said, "about all her frusterrashtian’s." Again, there were quite a few amount of post on the blog and I was impressed with Jaden's frequent posting. There was even a few days that multiple posts were posted.



C4K Comment #1

Hello Jaden, my name is Carla Young and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I am new to blogging and I am still learning, but I see you have already gotten the hang of it! I am very impressed with how often you update your blog. I hope to check back and see what else you have posted in the future! Keep up the good work!

C4K Summary #2
"This Week"
Clipboard


This C4K, I had a student named Chloe.She is a 4th grade student in Mrs. Schroeder's class. Chloe had a good size post on her blog about the activities she done in class last week. She explained that she read a book called, "Tonga's Reunion," a lady named Kathy came and talked to them about eating the right foods, and they went on a nature walk. They also learned about run-on sentences, had a firefighter teach them safety precautions in case of a fire, and took a reading test. Chloe used her blog post to communicate with her teacher and mother as well. She asked her mother how work was, and asked Mrs. Schroeder how Greyson was doing? Chloe is already becoming a pro at blogging, and does a good job expressing her thoughts in her post.

C4K Comment #2

Hello, Chloe! My name is Carla Young from the University Of South Alabama, located in Mobile, Alabama. I am taking a class called EDM310 and they are teaching me to blog. I really enjoyed reading your post about what you and your classmates are doing in class. Which activity was your favorite? It seems like you are a pro already at blogging and I hope to look back and read some more of your posts in the future. Keep up the good work!


C4K Summary #3
"Rousie."

For my C4K this week, I had a student by the name of Liku. He is a student who is ten years old, in the sixth grade in Mr. Somerville's class in Auckland, New Zealand. Liku, has been very attentive on his blog and has posted frequently. The post I reviewed in particular, was a slideshow he created with Google Presentations. The slideshow was titled, "Rousie." It was about the routine that takes place on a sheep farm. I thought it was very interesting to read, I really liked that he added pictures. I love the fact the students are using the same resources I am learning to use now also.

Sheep Heard


C4K Comment #3

Hello Liku! My name is Carla Young. I am a student in the EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama, located in Mobile, Alabama, USA. I am new to blogging, but I am getting the hang of it little by little. I can see you already are a pro! I really liked your slideshow. It was very informative, and I loved the pictures! I hope to check back in the future and see what else you have posted. Keep up the good work!

C4K Summary #4
"Together or not together? That is a question"

To Be Or Not To Be
My last C4K for October, is for a student in Mr. Gwaltney Oregon Online School for Girls High School Civics/Government class named Crystal. In this post, Crystal compared the famous statement "To Be or Not To Be," to real life experiences, such as the online class she is taking. She took this and twisted it to "Together or Not Together," and explained that it can be directly related to the studying style in the class she is in. Crystal write that in her previous schools, she worked in many groups on assignments, but since she is taking her courses online now, she is doing mostly solo assignments. I really enjoyed reading her post, and felt it was very well written.

C4K Comment #4

Hello, my name is Carla Young. I am a student in the EDM310 class (http://edm310.blogspot.com/) at the University of South Alabama, located in Mobile, Alabama. I am a Secondary Education major planning to teach Math in the future, and we are learning how to blog in our class right now. I have to say, I was very impressed with your post. It was very well written and I thought the comparison you made, between the quote and your current situation was interesting and very clever. I also like how you restated your position at the end. I hope to check back and see what else is going on with you and your classes. Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment