Sunday, October 6, 2013

September C4K

C4K Summary #1
This I Believe

My first C4K was for a student's blog who goes by Punkin. In this post, Punkin wrote about making mistakes and learning from them. The post was very honest and also very personal. Punkin shared some personal experiences in the post about times that they learned a lesson from mistakes they have made. The post references a personal experience where Punkin was taken to the Juvenile Detention Center and felt they had disappointed their grandmother. Punkin writes in their blog that they learned they had been hanging out with the wrong people and needed to make better decisions when it comes to choosing friends. The post overall was very heartfelt. I believe this is a very good post demonstrating the importance of learning from mistakes you have made in the past and not letting history repeat itself.

C4K Comment #1
Hello, my name is Carla Young. I am in the EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama, and I have started blogging lately and learning new ways to use it as a tool for learning and teaching. I enjoyed reading your post, “Making Mistakes and Learning From Them.” I really like how you included your own personal examples of times you have made mistakes and learned a lesson from it. Your writing is very honest, which is a very special quality to have. I would like to offer you some advice to take into consideration for next time: watch the placement of your commas and periods, and make sure you are capitalizing those personal pronouns, such as, “I.” Again, I really enjoyed reading your post, and I look forward to checking back and reading future posts. Keep up the good work!

C4K Summary #2
Teacher's Day

Mario's posts were short and sweet. He wrote a post on Teacher's Day showing appreciation for the teachers. The post was only one sentence, but I think he is doing very well with keeping a blog sharing his thoughts. I believe it is important to get the students engaged in the relationship between technology and the classroom. Everyone has to start somewhere, and I think that Mario is doing well so far. I thought it was important to leave him a very positive, uplifting comment to let him know to keep up the good work.

C4K Comment #2
Hello Mario, My name is Carla Young I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I just started learning to blog, but I see you have already gotten the hang of it! Keep up the good work! I loom forward to checking back in and seeing what else you post!

C4K Summary #3
Event In History DLO

Jabez is a seventh grade student who from the looks of his blog, is very outgoing. He described his blog as "horrifyingly beautiful," with "finger flying typing" in the description. I loved reading his post and how descriptive they were. He is very confident in his writing, which is nice to read for someone so young. The post i commented on was a Vimeo video about an event in history. Jabez and his partner chose to do theirs on the American Nation. In the video instead of just putting pictures with their voice recordings in it, they chose to do a rap. I thought this was a very creative way to do the project. They spoke bout the President and had some very unique caricatures of President Obama, which is very creative instead of just using regular pictures off the internet. Overall, Jabez seems as if he has got the hang of blogging and I will be checking back in to see his future posts.

C4K Comment #3
Hello Jabez, My name is Carla Young. I am a student in the EDM310 class at the University Of South Alabama, located in Mobile, Alabama. I thought your video was very creative and unique! Very well done, and way to keep it original!

C4K Summary #4
Silence

My fourth C4K this month was for a student named Michael. His post was about an assignment they had to do in class where they read a story about a girl named Melany who has Cerebral Palsy. She is in a wheel chair for the rest of her life and cannot speak. The students had to do an assignment with a partner, but were not allowed to speak to their partner. Michael shared his experience with this project, and about how difficult it was to not be able to speak to his partner. Michael also shared his sympathy for Melany, but made sure to add that he feels people with her condition are underestimated, and that she is capable of doing more than people give her credit for. I believe Michael's post was very kind hearted and stated his opinion about the assignment well.

C4K Comment #4
Hello Michael! My name is Carla Young, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama, located in Mobile, Alabama. I love your post about what you were doing in class. I think it is awesome how much you like to use your imagination. I agree with you that people sometimes underestimate people in wheelchairs. I think your post was very kind and genuine! Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment