Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Blog Post #16

Part 1: "If I Built A School"

When I first started this class, I had no idea what to expect to learn. However, now that it is at the end, I realize what I have learned in this class far exceeds what I could have ever expected. So, looking back on my first blog post titled, "If I Built A School," Some things I wrote in that post I would not change at all. While there are a few that I can say my opinion have changed a bit, or that I have just added to since being in this class.

Quote


I stated in my earlier post that I did not want the school to be lined with plain white walls, but lined with artwork done by the students instead. This is still very much a dream I have when contemplating my future school. I still want the students to be comfortable while there. How can you focus on learning, while you feel uncomfortable in your surroundings? I mentioned that I want my students to be able to work in group effectively and know how to use and Ipad or computer. Although I still believe in these two things, I not only want my students to work well in groups, but also be able to become more independent in the learning process. This would involve creating their PLN (Personal Learning Network), which they can build upon with their groups. I want the students to know how to use the SMARTboard, and how it can be useful to them in each subject. Also, after taking this class, I learned the benefits of having a class website. I plan to put that into effect , along with having the students keep a blog of their own, which will have a link provided on the class website.

Part 2: Final Reflection

1 comment:

  1. Well done. We're glad you have learned so much in this class.

    Good luck in the rest of your classes!

    ReplyDelete